1. Application For Registration
a) Application for central excise registration is made to the Assistant commissioner of Central excise in Form A1.
2. Documents Required for Registration
The application for registration shall be accompanied with following documents
- PAN card copy of the company/firm.
- Address Proof of Business Premises of the company/firm (Electricity Bill / Phone Bill / Gas Bill).
- Ground plan of factory (which should also provide description of boundaries of premises to be registered).
- Details of Property Holding Rights of the registrant (if not self owned then Rent Agreement).
- If Business Premises and Head Office of the company is different then Address Proof of Head Office also.
- Details of all banks with Bank Statement of last 2 months.
- Certificates of –
- Customs Registration
- Import Export Code
- Sales Tax Registration
- PAN Card and Address proof of all the directors/partners.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association/Partnership deed
- General power of attorney (in case application is signed by authorized agent).
- List of Major Excisable goods to be Manufacture / Trade.
- List of Major Excisable goods used in Manufacture / Trade.
3. Issue of Registration Certificate
a) On receipt of application, the nominated officer (Inspector/Suprintendent) scrutinizes the application. The nominated officer may ask the assesse to produce additional documents.
b) The Certificate of Registration (Form RC) is granted within 7 days of receipt of application.
c) Registration number (also known as Excise Control Code Number / ECC Number) will be a 15 digit alphanumeric number where –
- 1 – 10 digits – PAN of the assesse
- 11 – 12 digits – EM (Excise Manufacturer) or ED (Excise Dealer)
- 13 – 15 digits – System generated serial number
d) Once granted, registration is valid permanently, unless it is revoked/ suspended by appropriate authority for breach of any conditions of the Act/Rules.
e) Assesse may surrender registration certificate, if he ceases to carry out operations or in case of closure of business.
Recommended Read -